Special Educational Needs
Inclusion is high on the agenda for Ellesmere Park High School and we have several initiatives and programmes in place to support every individual no matter what their needs are.
The Special Needs Department supports students who are identified with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND). Ellesmere Park believes students should enjoy their time at the school and that learning should be at the heart of all it does. These objectives can only be met, it believes when both the teaching and the expectations of staff and students are of the highest order. All students at Ellesmere Park High School are VIPs - Very Important People who are Vibrant, Inclusive, and Proud.
Being inclusive is at the very core of Ellesmere Park High School. Students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities are supported to achieve their full potential and meet their aspirational targets.
- Work within the guidance provided in the SEND Code of Practice 2014.
- Operate a “whole child, whole school” approach to the management and provision of support for SEND. We are all teachers of SEND.
- Provide support and advice for all staff working with identified SEND pupils.
- Develop and maintain partnership and high levels of engagement with parents
- Have one fully resourced provision running alongside the mainstream SEND provision
Our SEND Team
Mrs K Barton: Assistant Headteacher: SENDCO
Miss Z Brown: Deputy SENDCO
Miss A Johnson: Assistant SENDCO
Miss S Boothman: Enhanced Resource Provision Manager
Mrs C Yates: Medical Needs Coordinator
Tel: 0161 507 6420
Please find below:
- Accessibility Plan
- Admission of students with a disability
- Our Local Offer
- Our SEND policy
Salford link: Local Offer- Salford Local Authority