Ellesmere Park High School promotes the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs throughout the school.
We actively promote the values and challenge opinions and behaviours in school that are contrary to fundamental British values.
Throughout day to day life at EPHS, through teaching and learning and our provision of SMSC, we:
- actively encourage students to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem, and self-confidence;
- actively encourage students to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England;
- actively encourage students to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those in local society and across the country;
- actively encourage students to acquire a broad general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services in England;
- actively encourage further tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling students to acquire an understanding, respect, and appreciation of their own and other cultures;
- actively encourage respect for other people;
- actively encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes, including respect for the basis on which the law is made and applied in England.