Home School Agreement
School is a three way partnership between us here at Ellesmere Park, our students and parents and carers.
We ask that all partners commit to our Home School Agreement:
As parents and carers, we ask that you:
- Ensure that your child is in school regularly, on time and properly equipped.
- Avoid arranging holidays during school term-time.
- Make the school aware of any concerns or problems that might affect your child’s work or behaviour.
- Support the school’s policies and guidelines for behaviour.
- Support your child with homework.
- Attend Parents’ Evenings where possible and other discussions about your child’s progress.
As a pupil at Ellesmere Park, we ask that you:
- Attend school regularly and arrive on time for registration and for all lessons.
- Behave according to the school’s Code of Conduct at all times.
- Bring all the equipment needed every day.
- Wear the correct uniform and be tidy in appearance.
- Do all my classwork and homework as well as you can and on time.
- Show respect by being polite and helpful to others.
- Keep the school free from litter and graffiti and respect property.
As your school, we will try to:
- Care for your child’s safety and happiness.
- Ensure that your child achieves his/her full potential as a valued member of the school community.
- Provide a balanced curriculum and meet the individual needs of your child.
- Encourage your child to achieve high standards of classwork and homework.
- Achieve high standards of behaviour by building positive relationships based on mutual respect and a sense of responsibility.
- Respond to, investigate and deal with any incidents of bullying and harassment.
- Keep you informed about general school matters and any new school, local authority or government initiatives.
- Keep you informed about your child’s progress through consultation evenings and reports.
- Be open and welcoming at all times.